Friday, February 10, 2012

No more snow!


The past two weeks it has been very snowy here! It was so bad that our politics class had to be canceled twice since it is about a 20 minute bike ride away. They do not plow the sidewalks here, so riding your bike is nearly impossible in the snow, as it was well over a foot in some places. Of course this did not stop some of the more daring (or maybe not so smart...) students (such as myself) from braving the snow to go shopping over the weekend. It just involved a lot of riding your bike in the roads which had been plowed, or walking it through the snowier spots.

They use bulldozers to clear the snow.

Fixing downed power lines


The snow finally started to clear up this week, and I was able to go to politics class yesterday! I am also finally able to go running again! The back roads which run along the edge of the lake are perfect for jogging as there is little traffic and the view is amazing! I took a few pictures during my jog!





Tomorrow we are having a class trip to Nara! It should be a lot of fun! Look forward to details and pictures in my next post!